– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown on FOX opens up with a graphic in memory of “The Natural” Butch Reed, who passed away today at the age of 66. We go to the normal WWE intro video.
– We get a video package showing Bianca Belair and WWE Hall of Famer Edge after their big Royal Rumble Match wins this past Sunday at the pay-per-view.
– We’re live from the ThunderDome at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida as Michael Cole welcomes us to SmackDown, noting that we are officially on The Road to WrestleMania 37 now. He’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves. Graves confirms that Edge and Bianca Belair will both be here tonight.
– We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns with Paul Heyman and Jey Uso. The boos pick up as Reigns stops on the stage to raise the title to pyro going off.
Reigns and his crew march to the ring as we see stills from Reigns’ win over Kevin Owens in the Last Man Standing match at the Royal Rumble on Sunday. Reigns poses in the middle of the ring and raises the title as more pyro goes of. Fans start chanting “you suck!” when the music stops. Reigns isn’t a fan of re-capping the past but if you didn’t see the Rumble, he beat Owens, like he said he would because he’s a man of his word. But enough about the past, let’s talk about the future. Reigns says apparently the future is Edge. fans cheer his name. Reigns brings up the WrestleMania main event as we see the WrestleMania 37 sign hanging high. Reigns asks who’s the main event around here and Heyman acknowledges him.
Reigns has two issues here. He being the Tribal Chief of WWE, the main event, why in the hell would Edge waste his time visiting WWE NXT or RAW when he should come straight to Reigns’ show, beg him at his feet and sell him on why he should let you on the island of relevancy. This brings him to his second issue. He asks Heyman why the hell he’s out here first. Where is Edge at? Reigns says Edge makes the mistake of disrespecting him all week but Reigns being a nice guy, a gentleman, he’s willing to let that slide but now Edge is making him wait. Reigns tells Heyman to get Edge’s ass out here. Heyman starts yelling for Edge’s entrance and pyro to start. A ringside crew member shrugs. Heyman says a few words to Reigns and Reigns is upset.
Reigns says Edge isn’t here. He says Edge must think he’s a fool. Does he look like a fool or a man who wants to play games? Reigns yells and asks why would Edge play games with him? Reigns seethes now and says the last man that played games with him was named Kevin Owens, and he’s no longer here because Reigns whipped his ass. He says Owens is history, gone, never to be seen again. The loud boos continue from the crowd. Reigns says he will tell Edge this nicely – you need to understand this because this is your only chance, you’re going to give your decision by the end of the night. Reigns repeats himself and drops the mic as the boos continue. Reigns exits the ring as his music starts back up.
– The announcers talk about Edge and plug tonight’s show, including the Intercontinental Title Triple Threat. Cole says today marks 33 years since WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant battled on WWE Main Event. Hogan will be here tonight to discuss who he thinks Edge should challenge.
Dominik Mysterio vs. King Corbin
After a distraction by Rey, Dominik wins with a frog splash.
Winner: Dominik Mysterio
This week’s Progressive Match Flo replay shows Sami Zayn handcuffing himself to the barrier during Apollo Crews vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E two weeks ago, and then interfering during the match and attacking both competitors. Kayla Braxton is backstage with Big E now. Big E goes on with his promo and says they are going to fight tonight, but Sami and Apollo are not ready.
Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro
Cesaro taps Bryan out clean with the Sharpshooter. Cesaro took a nasty gash during the match and bled from the side of his head.
After the match, Cesaro respectfully fist bumps Bryan while Shinsuke was watching backstage.
Bianca Belair is asked about her family’s reaction to her winning the Rumble and who she will face at WrestleMania. She says her family has been there through the good and the bad, and while they won’t be there at WrestleMania, they will always be with her. As for her opponent, she says that many people have given her suggestions on who to challenge, and she says if she listened to what people had to say, she wouldn’t have made it this far. But she says she will make a decision soon and relish in the moment.
Bayley vs. Ruby Riott
Bayley wins with her driver finisher.
After the match, Bayley makes her exit as the music hits. Billie runs over with her resumes and 8X10s, stopping Bayley but the camera cuts away.
– We see Bianca Belair walking backstage. Back to commercial.